From IV:MP Wiki
- Access to the internet.
- Forward port 9999 + 9998 (or the port you specify in the server config)
Installing the server
Downloading the IVMP windows server
- WARNING - The following steps may change as different versions of IVMP get released, as the name of the server tar will be different.
1. Check on the IV-Multiplayer homepage for the latest version of the IVMP server.
2. Using your favourite internet browser, download the latest IVMP Windows server version
3. Unzip the Server to a folder on your desktop or location of your choice
You have successfully unzipped the Windows server!
Configuring the IVMP server
1. Edit the settings.xml with your favourite text editor, I will use Notepad++
2. Customise the settings file and then save it.
Running the IVMP server
Now that you have the IVMP server downloaded and configured, it's time to run the server and check that it all works!
Just double click on the ivmp-svr.exe and it should load a new window! If the window stays open, the server is successfully running. If the window closes quickly, please check in the ivmp-svr.txt to see why it's not running
If you are having issues following this guide or the IVMP server fails to run, please post on the IVMP forum under the Server Support section and a member of the community will be happy to help you!